Enjoy the classic, traditional taste of wood-fired pizza in your own backyard with the Smart Stainless Steel Wood Fired Pizza Oven. The clever design allows the oven chamber to heat above 400 degrees Celsius which will rapidly cook your pizza in as little as two minutes producing pizza with a delicious, authentic-style crispy crust. A bonus pizza paddle, brush and weatherproof cover are included to ensure you have all of the accessories required for cooking and maintaining your new pizza oven.
This option comes with a trolley that attaches directly to the pizza oven making it a freestanding unit that does not need to be built into cabinetry. This allows for the pizza oven to be easily moved around and stored away when not in use which will help prolong the life of the BBQ.
Note: When heating up the pizza oven, we recommend lighting a very small fire within the pizza oven cavity and then adding additional wood to the oven as required. If too much wood is added to the oven initially the fire can become too large causing the temperature to soar past 500 deg C. This can cause excessive flames which will leave marks on the front of the oven and makes the temperature within the pizza oven hard to control as it is hard to reduce the heat within the oven cavity after this point. The ideal cooking temperature for pizza within this oven is around 350 to 450 deg C.
Features & Benefits
- High-grade stainless steel finish offers rust and weather resistance.
- The exterior of the pizza oven is coated in a black finish with an orange peel texture. This is both very durable and weather resistant and is visually appealing to suit any outdoor kitchen.
- The integrated thermometer allows for easy control and maintenance of the temperature within the oven
- High quality ceramic bricks allow for superior insulation within the oven chamber so that it heats up quicker and maintains temperatures for longer, providing an improved cooking experience.
- The pizza oven utilises a tray at the front which can be easily removed helping to make cleaning a breeze. Once the oven cavity has cooled down (allow at least 8 hours after cooking) and sweep the ash and debris into the tray using the supplied brush, then empty the remnants of the tray into the bin.
- The trolley allows for the pizza oven to be conveniently moved around when not in use. It also features lockable wheels which prevent the pizza oven from moving around when you don’t want it to.
- Foldaway shelves allow for additional storage and preparation space when required. The shelves can also be easily folded down when they are not required or when the oven is not in use to help conserve space.
- Finish: Stainless Steel With A Black, Orange Peel Finish On Exterior Of Oven Cavity
- Cooking Surface: Ceramic Brick
- Heating Time: 30-45 Minutes
- Chamber Material: 430 Grade Stainless Steel
- Side Arms (Foldable): Stainless Steel
- Gross Weight For Freestanding Pizza Oven On Trolley: 86kg
- Internal Cooking Surface Dimensions: (w) 700mm x (d) 580mm
- Product Dimensions: Refer To Images
– Copper Brush With Wooden Handle: Used both cleaning the oven cavity, both during the cooking process to clean the pizza oven floor from ash and debris to prevent it from ending on your food, and also after cooking once the oven has cooled down.
– Pizza Paddle: Used for moving pizzas in and out of the pizza oven with a minimum of fuss. Made from aluminium with a wooden handle
– UV Resistant Weather-Proof Cover: Helps to protect your pizza oven from weather damage. Please note, that the cover only protects the pizza oven and does not cover the legs and trolley on the trolley/freestanding model. We recommend storing the freestanding model in an environment protected from the elements such as a garage when not in use to prolong the life of the oven.
These three accessories are valued at $259 inc GST
Usage Tips & Recommendations
- Do not build too big of a fire in your pizza oven! Always start with a small fire and gradually add small-medium pieces of firewood so you can get better control over the temperature within the oven. Do not use large pieces of firewood – smaller pieces work best. On your first use, you will most likely be surprised at how hot the oven can get and how little firewood you actually require. We recommend starting with just two small-medium pieces of firewood (once the kindling has been lit) and then adding to the fire as required. Having a fire that is too big can lead to temperatures well over 500 deg C. This will damage your pizza oven as the excessive amounts of heat can leave burn marks on the front of the pizza oven and potentially warp the inner chamber.
- Once you have got the pizza oven to the desired temperature (typically around 350 to 450 deg C, we recommend spreading the coals over the pizza oven floor for about 5 minutes with the stainless steel door open just slightly ajar to provide some oxygen within the chamber. Then use the brush and shovel to move all of the coals into a corner, where you should keep them while cooking. This will help the pizza oven to hold heat for longer and provide a more consistent temperature. Using an infrared thermometer to test the temperature of the bricks in the pizza oven is the best way to know when you are at the perfect temperature.
- Do not allow water to get into the pizza oven chamber when not in use and only use good quality firewood when cooking. Never burn green or wet firewood and never use treated firewood.
- Be very careful to not touch any part of the pizza oven when in use, as all parts will be extremely hot and will burn. The pizza oven will hold lots of heat for up to 12 hours after usage so be very careful touching the oven, even the next day.
- You shouldn’t need to clean the pizza oven after use, as the extreme heat within the chamber will burn away any food spills and fats.